1.19.2008

Eye've made a new banner

I've been trying to think of an image to use as my blog banner. It couldn't be too cutesy or too; well, you know, like every other person's. I was trying to use some of my artwork, but that didn't really work either. I was looking through some old photos and came across a folder where I had taken a macros of the eyes of everyone in the house (including the dog and cat). If I remember correctly I did this because I liked the colors and texture of the iris and was doing research. My eyes are blue/green hazel with spikes of gold. A blog is supposed to be a picture of who I am as an artist and as a person, and the eyes are "the window to a person's soul." So, the two separate ideas melded to form the banner design.

Today I was able to paint during the afternoon instead of my usual night time routine. It was good to paint in the bright daylight as it streamed in through my window. Nothing specific to do, nowhere to go. I had my warm fluffy socks on, my comfortable fleece top and my most worn in jeans. Right now it is -2°F and feeling cozy at home is the best feeling in the world. I even have hot spiced apple cider to sip. Ahhhhh....
PS: Thank you so much Elista for allowing me to list you as one of my "Inspirational People!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola Erin!
So honored to be in your blog!
Thank you so much!
Elsita :)