10.12.2010

Artwork now at Plum Bottom Gallery!


Lady's Slipper II at Plum Bottom Pottery

"First, the work looks great in the gallery– even our colors seem to compliment each other. Also I sold your dragonfly woodblock today–so congratulations!"

Hearing those words from Chad at Plum Bottom Pottery just made my day! I enjoy how he arranged the color scheme of the ceramics, jewelry and prints to agree with one another. I'll be able to go back up there in December for Plum Bottom Pottery's Holiday Reception and I can't wait to see the arrangements in person.

Spring Cherry Blossoms at Plum Bottom Pottery Coy Pond at Plum Bottom Pottery

There hasn't been a lot of posts about my work because I'm keeping everything under wraps until after the "cricket & sparrow" show opens the first of November. I have 7 new blocks carved, but not yet printed. This week I'll be printing and then framing the following week. These pieces are even more about the texture and patterns found in nature and some are almost abstract. I can't wait to hear your reactions when I finally reveal them.

2 comments:

becky said...

Hi Erin,
I don't comment much, but always enjoy checking in to see what you're up to. Looking forward to seeing your new prints after the show opens. The displays look lovely with your prints & the ceramics. It is a dream of mine to one day have shows like this & I enjoy seeing others that are actually doing it!
:) Good luck w/ your printing!

Unknown said...

Thanks Becky! Just two years ago these were just dreams of mine, too. I never thought it would be possible, but I just kept doing little things that led me down this path and it feels great! I am so grateful for everything that has happened. It all started to happen when I just decided I needed to do it NOW. I kept having a voice inside my head that says, "There isn't much time." So glad you posted and especially glad to hear you stop by here often. Thanks!