6.28.2010

Japanese Beetle (detail)


Japanese Beetle detail, originally uploaded by pejnolan.

When one carves a four color block print, but is too anxious to print it because of fear regarding registration, how does one procrastinate? By making a 3-color block print of course!

I've carved all the magnolia blocks, but have to work up the courage to print it. I couldn't quite get there over the weekend- even after carving and printing from 12-noon until 10 pm. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Hopefully I'll do it soon! The Ellwood House Show is in less than a week and I wanted to submit it to the A4 International Print Show in Great Britain, but the deadline is in 2 days! Yikes!

Some more wonderful news today! My "Blue Heron" print will be on the cover of KNOCK Magazine in Door County! I am just thrilled and wish I could be up there for the Opening on Thursday, July 15th at Plum Bottom Pottery and Gallery in Egg Harbor . It will be catered and there will be wine served.

Plum Bottom Pottery can be visited at 4999 Plum Bottom Road. To visit travel 4.5 miles south of Egg Harbor on Highway 42, then left (east) on Plum Bottom Road (1 mile). For more information about the event or artwork call http://www.facebook.com/l/bd806;920.743.2819 or visit Plum Bottom’s web site http://www.facebook.com/l/bd806;www.PlumBottomPottery.com.

No comments: