8.18.2008

New project


New project, originally uploaded by pejnolan.

Banner day! My goal at the beginning of this year was to have a show in a gallery and today I received a phone call from the DeKalb Area Women's Group to have a solo show in December. That month is great because they also have their annual fine art fair for the holiday which equals higher visability. It is a great start and more people will see what I do. I was so excited that after dinner (enchiladas, yum!) I went over to the studio and started another linocut. I've been thinking about it for awhile, so I knew just how to begin. Before leaving for the night, I made a rubbing to see where I was at. So far, I'm happy with the result. I'm slowly learning more about technique and the actual printing process. Listening to my brother talk, I realize how many mistakes I'm making. That is a positive thing, though, because that means I'm improving and gettin' all educational-i-ma-tized 'bout me faults.

Dakokichi - even when I don't look like I'm listening, I am. Thanks.

No comments: