12.09.2010

Art, Artists & Gnosh


Gnosh, originally uploaded by pejnolan.

Last week was very busy! There was the Kishwaukee Valley Art League's Artist reception for the Egyptian Theatre Show from 1-3pm. This event brought forth the highest traffic I've ever seen at a KVAL reception. Everyone brought such yummy treats, too!

At the same time as the reception in the upper level of the theater there was an art show downstairs including artists such as Julie Kiefer-Bell, paintings; Melanie Diedrich, Jeweler; Jay Bell, paintings; Mike Montavon, metalwork; Doug Jeppesen, ceramics; Michael Barnes, printmaker; and others! It was really lovely to see quality work. I even purchased two of Michael Barnes' prints. He told me they were created while doing work in the Amish area of Iowa and that the prints were made using the same press that Grant Wood had used! Cool beans!

That same evening was the Handmade Art Market reception at Bliss Beads Studio and Gallery. Allison outdid herself. I always have to talk about the food... smoked white cheddar, brie, and a type of blue cheese with honey was set off nicely by white grapes and blackberries. Hummus was provided along with a white bean dip and red and white wines. (I even had a glass!)

It was neat to speak with the other artists and just talk about family, life, and art. I felt so comfortable and at ease.

Partridge in a PearChristmas Tree


This coming Saturday I'll be up at Plum Bottom Pottery in Egg Harbor, Wisconsin for their Holiday Open House. If you are in the area, I'd sure like to meet you and show you what I do.

No comments: