10.24.2008

Organic Narrative Art Card


Organic Narrative Art Card, originally uploaded by pejnolan.

Well, I've sent it to the printer. If there are any mistakes on it, please don't tell me. I just couldn't take it. 500 are on order, if you would like one, just send me your address and I'll mail one out to you when they arrive! Or, better yet, come to the artist reception December 7th, 2-4pm at the DeKalb Area Women's Center and pick up a card there. I'm getting nervous again. It's been almost a full month since I've worked on anything due to the studio move. I don't even have a work area set up yet. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Here is some of my thinking behind the card design:
I'm billing the show as "Organic Narrative: The artist’s life experience shown symbolically through acrylic, metalwork, and print making." Organic not only refers to my bio-morphic style, but my mind as well. The muted, earthy colors are my preferred palette. The border on the front of the card mimics a book which goes back to the narrative quality of my pieces. I hope this is a good show.

Earlier this week was awful. The angry-angst-y me prevailed. Like my boss said. I just don't like Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays or Thursdays. Now that Friday is here I'm happy-go-lucky-me once again.

Another note: Pirates vs. Ninjas tonight downtown at 5:30 - be there or be square.

Uploaded by pejnolan on 24 Oct 08, 3.35PM CDT.
spacer image

No comments: