10.01.2008

Moving...

Today I wrote my 30 day notice to the landlord for my studio. I'm a bit sad about it. I had such a good energy going there. It was my first leap of faith - that I could (and would) work more on my art. I look back in the 4 months I was there and the tremendous amount of quality work completed. That makes my heart happy. It's just saying goodbye that hurts. The natural lighting was superb and the black and white tiles were cool. I enjoyed watching people look up from the street and point while I was working. The scent of the Thai Pavilion across the was yummy. I got a cool table and bookshelf out of the deal, at least. I have until the 25th to move out.

There will still be a studio for me. Actually it will be closer, it's in the basement of my brother's new home. This time I'll have an area walled off just for me! There is a work sink - the better to clean my brushes with. I hope the good energy that I built up will transfer over to the new place. I'll be creating items for my upcoming shows and juried exhibitions, so I'm praying it will work out.

Everything is going so well in my life right now. I guess I'm just afraid that any change will disrupt that balance. I'll admit it: I fear change. I'll just have to pull myself up from the bootstraps, put on a happy face and go for it with the same determination I had at the first studio. There is so much in the world to be fearful of - especially of what MIGHT happen. The thought makes my mind race and makes it difficult to sleep. Not just the studio, but war, the economy, the house we live in, food and gas costs... everything. Even after years knowing that I have no control, I still cling to the belief (however minute) that I do. Letting go and letting God is much easier said than lived.

No comments: