9.29.2008

I was accepted! AND was awarded an Honorable Mention!

'm so excited! One of my linocut prints entitled "Cave Point Park" which I printed with water based black ink on ochre Mulberry paper was accepted into the "Vicinity" show in St. Charles, Illinois! I was even more excited when they told me I was awarded an honorable mention! It isn't a monetary award, but that doesn't matter at all to me. There are artists there who have decades of experience (some of them taught me in college way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth). So, I'm am so pleased that I'm starting to hold my own against against a wider range than my immediate area. If you can go to the show, check it out!

Exhibit Opens: Saturday, October 4

Reception & Awards: Sunday, October 26 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Exhibit Closes: Saturday, November 15

No comments: