9.15.2008

Burning the candle at both ends

WARNING: This is similar to the litany of Job:
I've been so busy at work that I work late, then I come home, make dinner, go straight to the studio and work until late into the night. Come home, pay bills, get some family responsibility stuff done, arrgh! (Insert scream here.)I need two extra days in the week to get everything completed. I'm not really complaining, though. I guess I thrive on living life this way, but it does tire me out and I miss my family when I'm not at home. I ate lunch at a local mom and pop restaurant with my husband. I kind of forgot about the time and took a really long lunch. He is tired too and thinks he's coming down with something. Yesterday the car broke down - I think it is a U-joint which sounds really expensive. So all the hard work I've been putting in at the studio to officially start my own business and purchase some nifty new tools will probably go into fixing the stupid car. I've been finishing up the Huskies on Parade, working on the December show at the DAWC, creating and submitting work to other juried shows, there's just alot going on right now. I sure hope that all this work pays off down the road.

No comments: