2.14.2010

So much has happened!


Blue Heron, originally uploaded by pejnolan.

We had an earthquake last week here in Illinois! I woke up at about 4am. Normally I am a very heavy sleeper and to wake up in the middle of the night is very unusual for me. The entire house was shaking. The objects on my dresser were rattling. Then I heard the very low rumble. I kept trying to think of what it might be. A passing train? No. A snow plow? No. Then I heard a loud, but muffled BOOM! I thought a snow plow had hit the curb or something. Then in my sleepy state I thought, "I wonder if this is what an earthquake would feel like? Maybe I should do something..." Zonk... just like that I went back to sleep. I didn't find out it actually was an earthquake until the next morning when it was on the news.

The Blue Heron print was created by request specifically for fellow Etsy shop owner KimWheatonCeramics as a trade. She wanted a heron print for her husband's birthday. I traded for a beautiful small pottery pitcher. So cool.

My "Earth Goddess" print was accepted into the "Art Woman" national show in Woodstock, IL and I sold "Coy Pond" from the showing at the Rockford Midwestern at the Rockford Art Museum.

My computer died and so my family was off the internet for a week - AH!!!! I had no idea how this tool has become interwoven into our everyday lives. I couldn't balance my checkbook, I couldn't pay bills, I couldn't communicate with my friends or run my Etsy shop. It was horrible! But we ended up buying a Dell quad processor, one terabyte computer and are live. YAY!

Finally, I completed the monochromatic portion of the UCC church painting and started placing colored glazes. I'm really liking the progress being made on that painting. It will be something I am very proud of for a long time!

1 comment:

Denise said...

What a week! Glad you are back online with your new computer! Congrats on selling Coy Pond in Rockford -that has to be gratifying and encouraging, missy!!! The Blue Heron print is beautiful. Wonderful news on Earth Goddess. You are on a roll!