12.06.2009

A Nice Sunday

This morning I went to breakfast with Paul and Jacob, then we went for a ride to Pottawatomie Woods/Kishwaukee River State Park in Kirkland, Illinois. It was really nice. The Kishwaukee river isn't rushed here and it winds shallowly through a forest. The wood is dormant , so it isn't much to see right now, but I want to go back there in the Spring or Summer to draw. I had no idea that a park was in Kirkland, so it was a nice surprise.

Afterwards, I finished up framing the prints for the 2010 Rockford Midwestern. They are ready to go! I'm nervous and excited and trying to downplay all of this. I don't want to get my hopes up, so I end up crushing those feelings and end up feeling pretty low. I don't know why I do that to myself, but it seems to be a part of my psyche.

When that much needed task was completed, I began the under painting of the painting I've been commissioned to do. The photo in the previous link was the burnt umber line drawing transfer. Sorry, but I won't have a photo of the monochrome layer until it has been completed. It is looking great except for the nose, but I'll get that figured out eventually. I'm using the Venetian, or Grisaille method to give it an old world look.

As I entered the house after returning home from the studio, I smelled a delicious roast cooking. My husband had made a dinner. How nice it was to come home to a good meal and leisurely eat it without rushing.

The final thing I did today was to balance my personal checkbook and update my business books. Such a productive day. I want weekends to be five days long and work weeks to be just two! I could get so much done! LOL.

Now it is bedtime, but there is no rest for the weary!

Just a friendly reminder... Sign up today for my Blog Giveaway! There is still time left!

No comments: