6.27.2011

Second Proof: A long way to go...

This is the second proof from the project I've been working on at Spudnik Press in Chicago. Let's just say I am not happy with it right now, but that doesn't mean I won't be happy with it after making a few adjustments.

Controling the watercolor is the main problem right now. That will come with study and practise. We'll see how it looks at the end of the week.

The first block with the cyan sky gradating down to the green of the pool will have nori added to it to make it more transparent. This will make the trees pop more and the stones of the sap green block have greater contrast.

The burnt umber of the third block is too harsh and I'll be changing that to a deep ochre.

the second block using sap green will be a bit darker, maybe I'll add blue to deepen the stones in the pool.

Ivory black was used for the final block. It isn't as black as I want. Part of that has to do with the application and transfer of the watercolor, but I also learned that I should use Lamp black for a true black.

I can't wait to get home from my day job to continue working with this.

No comments: