3.07.2009

Announcement of the Winners


Announcement of the Winners, originally uploaded by pejnolan.

The Regional Art Survey Show was concurrent with the KVAL Exhibition. In the photo the the winners for the Art Survey were being announced over the microphone. This was one of the most wonderful evenings I've had in a long time! There was music and singing with a band including a guitar and cello. There was wine and hors devours. People were genuinely excited to be at an artistic venue and it showed on there faces and in their conversations. I joined in with some regarding my work and made some excellent contacts. (Thanks Thomas!)

Afterwards A., E. J. and I went to the Touch of Thai restaurant a few blocks away. I said maybe I didn't want to be touched by a Thai. The restaurant not only had traditional Thai food, but the most excellent suchi and sashimi! Also, there was a wonderful coy pond right in the restaurant.

The best part of the whole evening is that my son drove me there and shared this experience with me. Thanks, J! The artists were asked to wear name tags. J. put on a nametag too. On it was written, "Chuck Norris." He got a few laughs out of that. Wonderful, wonderful evening.

No comments: