4.06.2008

Child's Teapot


Child's Teapot, originally uploaded by pejnolan.

Today was glorious. That is the only word for it. People everywhere were outside enjoying the day walking, biking, or doing yardwork. As I walked my dog, I passed a mother teaching her little boy how to ride a bike. Sweet memories of my little boy came to mind. Neighbors were outside talking lazily. I cleaned the dead leaves off the newly sprouting flowers. Delicious smells of grilling and burning wood periodically would come into my senses. The sun on my clothing was so warm, but the breeze was just slightly cool. Bugs aren't out in full force yet, so they were not a problem. It was lovely and perfect and every bit worth the cold winter wait. Ahhhhh. What a wonderful world.

I used the metal detector that I received for Christmas from my husband. I've been talking about wanting one for years and years. Today as I was digging around our back yard I found old square nails, new nails, a cigar band and a rock made of metal. When I was digging up yet another nail this little treasure popped up out of the earth. I've studied my home's history and there were never any little girls that lived here. It must have been a neighbor child's. I imagine a little girl out in the back yard with her dolls having a teaparty. There are no markings, but I can tell it is older because there are no seams in the porcelain. I can't wait to find more tidbits from history.

No comments: